OV-Chipkaart for tourists
Johannes
2014-06-11 07:15:43 UTC
Hello,
sorry for writing english. Answers in english, simple dutch or german
welcome.
I am planing a trip from Hamburg to Schiermonnikoog. The jouney is
already
organised beyond Lauwersoog and it was no problem to buy a train-ticket
Hamburg (D) to Winsum (NL) for me and my 9year old daugther (<50 EUR
incl.
ICE-trains). But Winsum - Lauwersoog seems to be difficult. Not the
timetable but the ticket.
Looks like I do need an OV-Chipkaart for both of us, what will cost 2 ×
7,50 EUR + Fee of 2 × 5,90 for the ticket? 26,80 EUR for 25km? Wow!
Or did I get something wrong?
I have no local knowledge, but I do know it is often possible to buy a
ticket without owning a chipcard.
After a quick search I found Qbuzz, which looks promising for you. You
will need to investigate further to be sure.
Walk from station Winsum to Priorstraat
Or take bus 65 (direction Zoutkamp) to the Priorstraat (only 2 minutes)
Take bus 163 (Qbuzz) towards Holwerd.
But no farther than Lauwerswoog Ferry.
Instead of this it might be easier to travel by train to Leeuwarden and
from there qou can take a direct bus (line 50) to the ferry boat in
Lauwersoog. The bus trip takes one hour.
It's a longer journey, but much easier and you have less chance to miss a
connection.
Price when using the OV-Chipcard: €3,27 for the child and €4,99 for you
Price without an OV-chipcard: €5,00 each
http://www.vvvschiermonnikoog.nl/vervoer/vaste-land/openbaar-vervoer
This page suggested qbuzz to me
http://qbuzz.nl/GD/plan-mijn-reis/reisplanner/
Take the bus, not the train or a combination. After planning your journey
you will need to scroll through the various offered selections.
You may want to travel from Station Groningen instead. The price for a
single (non OV-chipcard) ticket will be higher (€8,00 instead of €5,00),
but it is probably much easier to find the bus.
http://qbuzz.nl/GD/reis/vertrek/station-winsum/lauwersoog--veerhaven-lauwersoog/20140605T1202/#1141-1218
hope this helps, viel spaß
Doorgestuurd naar nl.reizen.openbaar-vervoer
iMark
2014-06-11 21:00:17 UTC
Post by Johannes
[...]
this helps, viel spaß
Price when using the OV-Chipcard: €3,27 for the child and €4,99 for you
Price without an OV-chipcard: €5,00 each
http://www.vvvschiermonnikoog.nl/vervoer/vaste-land/openbaar-vervoer
This page suggested qbuzz to me
http://qbuzz.nl/GD/plan-mijn-reis/reisplanner/
Take the bus, not the train or a combination. After planning your journey
you will need to scroll through the various offered selections.
You may want to travel from Station Groningen instead. The price for a
single (non OV-chipcard) ticket will be higher (€8,00 instead of €5,00),
but it is probably much easier to find the bus.
http://qbuzz.nl/GD/reis/vertrek/station-winsum/lauwersoog--veerhaven-lau
wersoog/20140605T1202/#1141-1218
hope
Doorgestuurd naar nl.reizen.openbaar-vervoer
To be perfectly honest, the easiest way is to avoid taking the train
from Groningen to Winsum and instead use the direct bus service from
Groningen to Lauwersoog which connects with the ferry to
Schiermonnikoog.

Groningen dep. 11.19 14.19 17.17
Lauwersoog Harbour arr. 12.18 15.18 18.18

Lauwersoog Harbour dep. 12.30 15.30 18.30
Schiermonnikoog arr. 13.14 16.14 19.14

The bus service connects at Groningen with the Arriva train from Leer
(Ostfr).
The bus service is Qbuzz 163 from Groningen to Lauwersoog Harbour. The
buses depart from stop W at the station in Groningen.
http://qbuzz.nl/GD/files/5513/8908/7276/Groningen_Hoofdstation_v3_05-01-2014.pdf

You can buy a €8,00 ticket from the bus driver. (No need to buy a OV
Chipkaart.) These tickets are called 'Eurokaartje' and you pay for the
number of zones travelled (either €2, €5 or €8, depending on distance
and duration of the journey).
With a "Eurokaartje' one adult can take two children age 4-11 for free
with him/her.

You can find a map of the Qbuzz service here:
here:Loading Image...